Edit made on July 15, 2020 by PeterNewstead at 16:04:43
Deleted text in red
Inserted text in green
* *Date:* Wednesday 25 Mar, 2020
* *Time:* 17:30 - 18:30
* *Presenter:* Anna Pratoussevitch, LivMS President
* *Title:* The Secret Life of Bubbles - cancelled
* *Audience:* 16+ and all those interested in mathematics
* *Venue:* Lecture Room D, Central Teaching Hub, University of Liverpool L69 7BX
* *Contact:* Peter Giblin
Entry is free to all students and to LivMS members; others pay £4 at the door.
Why are soap bubbles round? What happens when two bubbles meet? What is the shape of bubbles in a soap foam? What happens if you dip a wire cube into soapy water? In this talk Anna will discuss the maths behind all these shapes and, of course, blow some soap bubbles.