- Date: Wednesday 25 Mar, 2020
- Time: 17:30 - 18:30
- Presenter: Anna Pratoussevitch, LivMS President
- Title: The Secret Life of Bubbles - cancelled
- Audience: 16+ and all those interested in mathematics
- Venue: Lecture Room D, Central Teaching Hub, University of Liverpool L69 7BX
- Contact: Peter Giblin
The Presidential lecture is CANCELLED due to the COVID-19 situation
- The Society hopes to reschedule the Presidential Lecture to a date in the Autumn term.
Entry is free to all students and to LivMS members; others pay £4 at the door.
Why are soap bubbles round? What happens when two bubbles meet? What is the shape of bubbles in a soap foam? What happens if you dip a wire cube into soapy water? In this talk Anna will discuss the maths
behind all these shapes and, of course, blow some soap bubbles.