Most recent change of FrontPage
Edit made on April 08, 2020 by ColinWright at 16:04:53
Deleted text in red
Inserted text in green
! Welcome to the Liverpool Mathematical Society
[[[< [[[> |>>
!! We are delighted to announce that ##Simon## ##Singh##
https://simonsingh.net/ _ _ has agreed to give the #CHRISTMAS# #LECTURE# _ _ on
* Wednesday 9
December, _ _ December
* University of Liverpool.
More details later! _ _
Details to follow ...
!! Before that, ##Aoife## ##Hunt##
https://www.movementstrategies.com/team/aoife-hunt _ _ will deliver a #Popular# #Lecture# on
* Thursday 12 November 2020,
* 5:30PM to 6:30PM
_ _ More details later! _
Details to follow ...
!! #CORONAVIRUS# #and# #CANCELLATION# #of# LivMS #events#
The following events of LivMS and MEM have been cancelled
25 March 2020, Presidential Lecture, Anna Pratoussevitch
29 April 2020, LivMS Open Challenge Prize Evening
29 April 2020, MEM Senior Challenge Prize Evening
06 May 2020, MEM Challenge Prize Evening
* *The*Society*plans*to*reschedule*Anna*Pratoussevitch's*Presidential*Lecture*to*a*date*in*the*Spring*term*2021.* *Gaynor*Bahan's*Presidential*Lecture*is*also*likely*to*be*in*the*Spring*term.* This means that the Society has a full programme of talks for the year 2020/21.
* *Open*Challenge*will*run*in*2020/21.* The prizes and certificates for this year's Open Challenge will be distributed when it becomes possible to do so.
* *The*FunMaths*Roadshow*continues*to*be*available*as*a*download* (not currently as a CD); payment can be deferred. Schools, having purchased the Roadshow, are free to make puzzles available for their own students to work on at home. The Society is in the process of adapting some puzzles for publishing online with free access.
* We will make further announcements about all of these items as the effects of the spread of COVID-19 become known.
!! #The# #16th# #Annual# LivMS Pop-Maths Quiz was held on Saturday 7th March 2020
and was attended by 98 students in 27 teams from 12 schools, and supported by 15 teachers.
| IMG:DSCF1426.JPG | IMG:01.jpg | IMG:02.jpg |
| 2020 Pop ~Maths Quiz at _ Liverpool John Moores University | 2020 1st Prize _ Liverpool Bluecoat School team 4 | 2020 2nd Prize (joint) _ Runshaw College teams 1 & 2 |
| IMG:03.jpg | IMG:04.jpg | IMG:05.jpg |
| 2020 4th Prize _ Liverpool Bluecoat School team 1 | 2020 5th Prize _ Runshaw College team 3 | 2020 Runners-Up Prizes: Maricourt, _ West Kirby, Winstanley & St John Rigby |
Click Membership to find out more - save by taking out a 5-year subscription.
There is a reduced rate for ATM, MA and U3A members and also those who live at a distance and do
not wish to attend meetings.
!! #Bursaries!# NEXT DEADLINE 31 May 2020
The LivMS Bursary Fund (charity no. 1156909) offers bursaries - more information on the Joyce Hatton Memorial Bursaries page.
| LNK:FunMaths+Roadshow.jpg | LNK:Popular+Lectures.jpg | LNK:Pop+Maths+Quiz.jpg |
!! About the society:
* Liverpool Mathematical Society
* FunMaths Roadshow
* Joyce Hatton Memorial Bursaries
!! ~About This Site
This is an unusual web site in several respects. You can discover
more by clicking on this link:
* About This Site.