Edit made on March 07, 2021 by BarryGrantham at 11:13:41
Deleted text in red
Inserted text in green
2020 The 2021 QUIZ has now gone! was online! !#
* !# Saturday
07 06 March 2020 2021 !#
** 10.00am - 2.00pm
* !# More details here: !#
!! What is a Pop ~Maths Quiz?
The Pop ~Maths Quiz is a TEAM competition that runs a bit like a Pub Quiz but without any alcohol!
Teams consist of 4 students (under 19 years) who, during the Quiz, ~work as a team to attempt to solve a ~number of questions on a wide ~range of mathematical topics.
They then have the opportunity to give their answers via an electronic response system.
Not all questions require specific A-level ~maths knowledge but all questions have a mathematical flavour.
!! What are the prizes?
There are substantial prizes awarded to the winners on the day and the school names will be published on this page.
Certificates will be awarded to all winners and entrants.
!! !# It wasn't possible to award cash prizes in 2021 as the Quiz was hosted online because of COVID restrictions. We welcomed teams from Merseyside, Wirral, Cheshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire, East Anglia, Essex and the Channel Islands
!! The following certificates were awarded
!! GOLD Certificates 2021:
* 1st place Runshaw College team 1
* 2nd joint Liverpool Bluecoat School team 6
* 2nd joint West Kirby Grammar School team 1
* 4th joint Alsager School team 1
* 4th joint Liverpool Bluecoat School team 1
* 4th joint Winstanley College team 4
* 7th joint Liverpool Bluecoat School team 2
* 7th joint Jersey College for Girls team 4
* 7th joint Wirral Girls Grammar School team 3
!! SILVER Certificates 2021 were awarded to:
Liverpool Bluecoat School teams 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, Norwich School team 1, Runshaw College team 3, Wath Academy team 1, West Kirby Grammar School team 3 and Wirral Girls Grammar School team 2
!! BRONZE Certificates 2021 were awarded to:
St Anselms College team 1, Birkenhead School team 1, Birkenhead Sixth Form College team 1, Jersey Girls College teams 1, 2 & 3, Loreto Grammar School teams 1 & 2, Runshaw College team 2, St John Rigby College teams 1 & 2, Valentines High School teams 1 & 2, West Kirby Grammar School team 2, Winstanley College teams 1 & 3, and Wirral Girls Grammar School team 1
!! !# Congratulations to the 139 students and 15 schools who took part on ZOOM.
!! Prizewinners 2020:
* 1st prize Liverpool Bluecoat School team 4
* 2nd joint Runshaw College team 1
* 2nd joint Runshaw College team 2
* 4th prize Liverpool Bluecoat School team 1
* 5th prize Runshaw College team 3
!! Runners up 2020:
* Winstanley College team 2
* Maricourt Catholic High team 1
* West Kirby Grammar School team 3
* St. John Rigby College team 1
!! Prizewinners 2019:
* 1st prize Stockport Grammar School team 1
* 2nd prize Runshaw College team 2
* 3rd prize Liverpool Bluecoat School team 3
* 4th joint Runshaw College team 1
* 4th joint Runshaw College team 3
!! Runners up 2019:
* West Kirby Grammar School team 1
* Liverpool Bluecoat School team 1
* Liverpool Bluecoat School team 2
* St. John Rigby College team 1
The questions and answers for 2012 can be downloaded by clicking on the links below:
* Questions: DOC:pop_quiz_12_ROUND_1_questions.doc
* Answers: DOC:PMQ2012A.xlsx
!! Click here to see Pop Maths Quiz Archive Results
| IMG:DSCF1426.JPG | IMG:01.jpg |
| 2020 Pop ~Maths Quiz at _ Liverpool John Moores University | 2020 1st Prize _ Liverpool Bluecoat School team 4 |
| IMG:02.jpg | IMG:03.jpg |
| 2020 2nd Prize (joint) _ Runshaw College teams 1 & 2 | 2020 4th Prize _ Liverpool Bluecoat School team 1 |
| IMG:04.jpg | IMG:05.jpg |
| 2020 5th Prize _ Runshaw College team 3 | 2020 Runners-Up Prizes _ Maricourt, West Kirby, Winstanley & St John Rigby |
!! We wish to thank the following for generous sponsorship and support
| IMG:LJMU_logo.jpg | IMG:WHS.jpg |
| _ *Liverpool*John*Moores*University* _ http://www.ljmu.ac.uk _ _ | _ *WH*Smith* _ http://www.whsmith.co.uk/ _ _ |