- Date: Wednesday 13 Feb 2019
- Time: 17:30 - 18:30
- Presenter: Corina Constantinescu
- Title: Are women safer drivers? Are Saudi Arabia women safe drivers?
- Audience: Year 11 up, teachers and all those interested in mathematics and its applications.
- Venue: Lecture Room C, Central Teaching Hub, University of Liverpool, L69 7BX
- Contact: Peter Giblin email@example.com
The speaker in driving mode
Pricing car insurance is a complex
mathematical problem. It accounts for the
likelihood of having a future accident/claim. Many factor
s could describe this
likelihood, one of them being the age and another one the gender of the driver.
What do you think could happen in Saudi Arabia where women were recently allowed
to drive, and all of a sudden the drivers population will have women of all ages
as new drivers? Should we expect more accidents? Or fewer? More severe, or less
severe? Should the insurance companies charge women more than men?
Let's try to answer these together.
The team of students working on this research