Adapted from http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?GoodStyle -
the first ever editable web site ...
- Write only factual information.
- Give concrete advice.
- Make editing and elaboration easier by avoiding the use of "I" where possible (except in your own HomePage).
- Write and sign first-person accounts when reporting experiences and opinions not easily reduced to facts or objective advice.
- Find and emphasise the positive side of contributions.
- Place words where they are easy to read; this isn't always at the bottom.
- Respect the freedom you have been given.
- Edit pages to emphasize the flow of ideas, not the order in which they were contributed.
- Ask questions freely
- Enhance the document to include the answer, rather than answering directly.
- Be concise, and stay on-topic for the page.
- Use language you'd be comfortable reading out loud - "use" versus "utilise" - and keep it simple. Simple language often communicates better.
- Check for spelling and grammar errors - errors detract from the content.
- Edit only when you think a page is lacking - don't just sign your name at the bottom of every page.
- Delete text only if doing so adds value to the page.
- Remember, if you want a nice page, make one.
- Don't say things that are likely to make others mad. Practice civility and understatement.
Be good, play nice, and |
be excellent to each other.